Practice Owner, Medical Director
Dr. Edwards graduated with her B.S. in Psychology from Virginia Tech in 1992 and later earned her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine degree from the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine in 1998. She spent two years in Northern Virginia before moving to New Hampshire in 2000. She spent her first two years in NH doing relief work, which gave her the unique opportunity to work in many practices and learn many ways of doing things. She then spent five years working in a practice where she gained valuable medical and surgical experience.
Dr. Edwards enjoys many aspects of practice, her favorites being dentistry, dermatology, pain management, laser surgery, internal medicine and client relations. She is a member of many professional associations and works hard to keep current.
It is repeatedly apparent that properly treated dental disease improves the quality of life of animals and dentistry has become one of her biggest passions. In 2012, she sought advanced training with a Board Certified Veterinary Dentist in Colorado. This training enhanced her skills and along with her years of experience, she is regarded as one of the more highly trained general practitioners of dentistry in our area.
Dr. Edwards is a “people person” and her relationships with her clients are extremely important. She spends the time to talk with people and believes that the way to a healthy pet is through a knowledgeable pet owner. She has an abundance of educational materials for clients and she is always open to conversation. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have.
Outside of work, Dr. Edwards is very active and enjoys competitive couples dancing, yoga, hiking, skiing and spending time with her husband Jay, daughter Jadyn and stepsons Zack and Austin. The Edwards also share their home with two wonderfully snuggly dogs named Annie and Jackson.
- Advanced training in dentistry – surgical extractions, bonded sealants, radiographic interpretation
- Pediatric, adult and geriatric wellness
- Small animal medicine
- Dermatology with a special interest in ear infections
- Therapeutic laser applications
- Laser surgery, soft tissue surgery
- Ultrasound – limited
- Emergency medicine
- Client education and dentistry seminars
- American Institute of Medical Laser Applications Certified
- USDA Accredited Veterinarian
- Dr. Edwards is also one of a small group of NH veterinarians that can sign international health certificates
- Foundation for Veterinary Dentistry
- International Veterinary Academy of Pain Management
- American Association of Feline Practitioners
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- New Hampshire Veterinary Medical Association
- American Animal Hospital Association – Accredited Practice